Thursday, March 03, 2011

The Sneakiest of Peeks

{Detail of Illustration for "The Twelve Days of Christmas - In Texas, That Is"}
{Detail of Illustration for "The Twelve Days of Christmas - In Texas, That Is"}
I thought I would show a few very small pieces from two illustrations for "The Twelve Days of Christmas - In Texas, That Is". Its due out in Fall of 2011 from Pelican Publishing. I am still painting like a madwoman, but my poor little blog has been suffering because of it! Hope you enjoy these!

8 comments:

Heather said...

oh I can't wait to see your book! Love the sneak peek! have a great day!

Loni Edwards said...

These are so nice! I love the expressions on the rabbit and bird. Almost a hint of a mischievous smile on the rabbit.

Shayla said...

Whoa....this IS amazing!

Candace Trew Camling said...

Loni, very observant of you! If I could show the whole illustration, you would see that he is a naughty rabbit!

Brine Blank said...

like the design on the rabbit head...a bit more stylized than the bird...and I like the more natural feel of the bird...sharp work...

Eric Barclay said...

Please tell me there's an armadillo in there somewhere! This looks beautiful.

elizabeth said...

These are GORGEOUS! Congrats on the illustration job!

Candace Trew Camling said...

there us an armadillo... or five, indeed!