Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A Background for the Rockin' Kid

{Sketch on Tracing Paper, 2010}
I spent most of today's studio time working on a background for this illustration. Tomorrow I will get it transferred onto some illustration board and start painting it. I'm still trying to figure out what type of colors to use on a few parts, but at least with oil, if I don't like something I can just cover it up with another color! On a completely different note, it is SO weird to be writing 2010 on checks, illustrations and other paperwork! Two numbers changed in the year instead of the usual one number change. It is much harder to fudge 2009 into 2010 in handwriting than it was when I was adjusting to 2009 from 2008! Oh well, life moves much faster than I can ever get used to... so I just move at my own pace anyways!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

looks awesome!!! what a great piece!!!

Susan said...

Beautifully drawn, love the movement! It takes me at least a month to get used to that check thing!

tera said...

Really cute! Can't wait to see it finished!

k.h.whitaker said...

I really love this, I've been wanting to do a rocking horse scene. love the toys and like the movement also. He looks like he's having a blast!