Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sketchbook!


Lately I have been totally into my sketchbook. I think it helps having a size that fits into a purse. I am taking a figure painting class at the Des Moines Art Center on Tuesday nights this fall, and the top drawing is a 5 minute sketch from the model we had. The teacher for the class encourages sketching everyday...and even though I know that is something I should be doing, it helps to have someone tell you to do it! So that is my little challenge to myself for the duration of the class...sketch everyday. Its exercise for the artist!

8 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

hi candace!
i love your sketches! they are wonderful. what a great journal you are creating everyday!
xo
melissa

Sara Burrier said...

It's hard to get back into the habit...luckily you're not too far out from school. When I think sketchbook I think of sitting in my little cubical at school in the studio coming up with concepts for the next assignment. :P

So what did you think of Tracy? Hope you had a good experience the other night at the Art Center.

Buuuuuuut, to the point, your sketches look awesome and I'm jealous. :) Keep it up!

Random York said...

I like your sketchbook Candace!

Carolyn said...

I enjoy looking at your sketches... this is something I have to get back into doing myself. I used to keep a sketch-journal, but it kind of fell by the wayside when I started selling more and more on Etsy.
I've been in a creative slump lately... keeping a sketchbook could definately help me snap out of it!

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog, beautiful artwork, so sweet.. Great sketches! Well done!

Unknown said...

HI Candace...love the pages from your sketchbook! I love just doing random work and seeing where it takes me....

Manon said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Candace!
I love your blog and sketchbook and illustrations are awesome!
Your right..... boston's are a great breed! I like to call my little guy, Otis, my boston terror! LOL!

-manon

Kathleen Rietz said...

Love the sketchbook art. Wonderful!