Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Illustration Friday - Haunt

{Sketch with Digital Color, 2012}

{My Handmade Costume, 2012}
I wanted to participate in Illustration Friday this week since it also happens to be Halloween this week. I love dressing up and all the decorations associated with the holiday. My "haunt" entry is a little vampire boy that I sketched a few days ago and colored in Photoshop today. I also included a picture of the costume that I made for myself this year. It was tricky to come up with something because I'm about  35 weeks pregnant and comfort was the most important thing. I decided to get a maternity shirt and sew on a fishbowl and a felt fishy scene. I sewed a little magnet in the fish's mouth and then made a felt hook with a magnet and attached it to a fishing pole. Get it? I'm a fishing kitty! Essentially all I am wearing is a pair of black yoga pants and a t-shirt. (Comfy indeed!) Also, when I go out tomorrow, I will probably just wear the fishbowl t-shirt. I wore the whole costume on Saturday when my husband and I decided to have a night on the town. I even managed to dance a little!

4 comments:

Ana M.F. said...

I like the body language of the vampire boy, he's ready to attack his food :D
Cute costume!!!

chimes said...

You are entirely too cute. Love the baby belly costume!

Natalie Groves said...

Oh my goodness! You are so funny! That is such a cute costume, and you came up with it yourself?!?! So smart. It reminds me of one of my favorite childhood games.

Candace Trew Camling said...

I did come up with it on my own! There aren't many ideas out there for maternity costumes, so I had to use my imagination to come up with something new!