"They were each the highlight of the other's day."
The love of my sweet kitties is one of the biggest highlights of my life. I adore their little furry bodies and their soft purrs. I even delight in their naughty behavior. (Shhh! don't tell them that!) I think a lot of people count on the unconditional love of their pets in such a conditional world! I am planning on trying to do illustration Friday a little more frequently this year. I would like to try and do it every week with a few exceptions of holiday times and vacations. ( I believe rest is important too!) Last year it didn't work out very well, as I was working on two children's books simultaneously! I would love to have to juggle such a workload again, but for now I don't have any long-term contracts. In the meantime, and in this wonderful new year I have made a short list of things that I would like to try to accomplish:
- Create my own dummy book for the Iowa SCBWI April conference
- Re-design my business cards
- Do at least 3 promotional mailers (4 would be ideal)
- Go on at least one sketch "field-trip" per month
- Participate in Illustration Friday more frequently
- Craft, Sew and Experiment More!