Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Mixed Media Pin Back Buttons

{The New Stash, Mixed Media, 2011}
{Buttons, 2011}
{Some Favorites, 2011}
{More Favorites, 2011}
I spent a good amount of this morning creating mini wearable collages. I have had a button making machine for a few years now and have used it to make several types of buttons. (often featuring my own illustrations.) For this lot of buttons I used found papers, vintage illustrations, vintage texts and magazine clippings. I tried to put together images, words and patterns that spoke to me. I think the chicken buttons are my favorite. I'm really into chickens in general right now! Probably because I consider myself a bit of an urban farmer (but only grow vegetables at the moment) and chickens would be awesome to have!

2 comments:

Shayla said...

Oh my gosh! These are amazing! I am so in love!!!

Heather said...

i love your buttons!!!!