Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Travel Journal: London

{Ink and Watercolor, 2010}
If you read my blog regularly, you know that I was traveling in England and Ireland between May 15-31. I brought a sketchbook with me, but between constantly driving from place to place and having a pretty full list of places to see, I was not able to sketch from life. Fortunately, I took about 2,000 pictures and had my eyes open to the flavor of what was around me. My mom (who was my travel partner) picked out a lot of unique places to go. Over the next few weeks, I will be doing sketches from my favorite places and possibly adding some found object elements like maps, ticket stubs, etc.

London was our first stop (we flew into Heathrow airport). I ADORE London. At first I wasn't sure I would like it, but by our third day I was definitely sad to leave. The sketches on this page were done with a micron pen and no This is my first entry in my Travel Journal. pre-sketched concept so that I could still keep a certain spontaneity to the drawings. I finished the page with some watercolor.

5 comments:

Lisa M Griffin said...

What fun! I love this composition. It is like sneaking a peak into your artist mind, and getting to enjoy the highlights of your trip. Thanks for sharing.

jennydraws said...

This is lovely. I also like the composition.

Claudia said...

Very nice journal illustrations. London is fab and you caught it well in one page. I noticed the Cath Kidson bag- LOVE her textiles- bought a bunch of tea towels for some writer friends and now I wish I had snagged some for myself.

greece_traveller said...

Your blog is very interesting, good job! I am a new blogger and because of my love for Santorini (a Greek island) I started my blog, Santorini Greece. Check it out.

iffatali said...

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.
Flights to kinshasa
Cheap Flights to kinshasa
Cheap Air Tickets to kinshasa