Monday, April 05, 2010

Illustration Friday - Dip (sketchy)

{Graphite/Acrylic Sketch on Board, 2010}
This is my idea for Illustration Friday. I will be working on the painting this week, if time allows, so I thought I would post the first stage of the illustration. I immediately thought of food when I saw this week's prompt... I thought of guacamole, sour cream and onion chip dip, caramel, ranch dressing... all kinds of yummy dips. I decided to go with honey after I started drawing the bear. What bear can resist dipping into some honey?

5 comments:

Heather said...

I love this happy bear!!! I agree, when i first saw the word, "dip" i thought of guacamole, too! great illustration.

Unknown said...

What's better than bears...and honey? Lovely.

kathy hare said...

such a lovely, happy illustration!

k.h.whitaker said...

very cute sketch

Shannon Melville said...

i had to look at this one after seeing thumbnail, i love bears and this is a very happy one :)