Thursday, March 11, 2010

Student Work from Crossroads Park Elementary Visit

{3rd Grade Student Work, 2010}
{3rd Grade Student Work, 2010}
{3rd Grade Student Work, 2010}
{3rd Grade Student Work, 2010}
{3rd Grade Student Work, 2010}
Today I had the pleasure of working with Kindergarten and 3rd grade students from Crossroads Park Elementary in West Des Moines, Iowa. They had a special Fine Arts Day with lots of different artsy visitors. I only got a few pictures of the third grade pieces, the kindergartners pictures were gone by the time I remembered to take pictures. With each class, I showed my work and talked about what being an illustrator is all about. Then, we discussed characters. Every student was given a random shape that I had precut from card stock. They were asked to create a character that was imaginative using the shape as a starting place. They completed their illustrations using a crayon and watercolor resist technique. I had a really great time at Crossroads Park and the artwork turned out beautifully!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

These are adorable. Children are naturally such good illustrators. It makes me want to plagerize their brilliant paintings!