Monday, March 02, 2009

Cow Plush

{Plush Cow, 2009}
{Detail of Plush Cow, 2009}
{Detail of Plush Cow, 2009}
I finished the plush cow that I was working on for the majority of this weekend. It was commissioned by my friend from Kendall College of Art and Design, Amanda. She plans to give it as a gift to a little guy in her family. This is my first time making something on the sewing machine. ( the sewn cuff from the previous post was made after I started the cow.) It isn't perfect but I think that is part of the charm of a handmade toy. I really hope she likes it and enjoys gifting it!

5 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

oh my gosh candace!
he is moooovalous! :)
i love him! is there anything you cannot do?
:) melissa

Anonymous said...

adorable. you are very talented.

Madonna Davidoff said...

This is very beautiful for your first sewing project. And your illos are also wonderful.

Lisa M Griffin said...

He is just wonderful! I am very much in awe of what you can do with needle and thread. What a fantastic gift, it will surely be loved to bits! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

oh wow Candace!!! this is amazing....you really have a skill with the stuffed animals...I think you should make more of these one of a kind pieces and sell them!!!

great work!!!