Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Personal Creative Challenge: 50 Red Envelopes



Card #1 of 50 "Poppies"

I have a pack of red envelopes that I bought after Christmas because they were such a nice color of red. I never had any intention of making any Christmas cards with them, but I didn't know what to do with them until today!
I figured it out. A 50 unique cards challenge. Each card will have to work with the red envelope in one way or another. This is good for me because I red is a color that is hard for me to use as a focal point often because it is so powerful. Also, I want to try new techniques and styles on each one. Who knows? It could be fun!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Great idea. I LOVE red but find that it seldom works itself into my paintings--with watercolors paler colors seem to work better. Looks like fun and a great challenge.

Unknown said...

what a neat idea Candace...and the first one is beautiful...love that you added the detail shot...amazing work! and I can't wait to see all 50...

zime said...

Good for you Candace!! This challenge sound great!!!!
(^v^)

NANCY LEFKO said...

you are off to a great start !! good luck with the challenge....it's beyond me to challenge myself that way...it would be an exercise in frustration. It's challenge enough being a full time mom :) But I have fun living vicariously through all the challenges out there.

Lisa M Griffin said...

Great idea! Looking forward to what you come up with for your cards. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love this card! Good luck with the challenge. What will you do with all of them when you're done? Etsy?

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

What a GREAT idea!!! Its going to be alot of fun seeing what you come up with!