Sunday, April 13, 2008

Daisies Lino Block


I started carving a lino block today of some English Daisies that I recently bought to plant in my garden. (I haven't yet, because it snowed yesterday...but I think this winter stuff is almost over) I haven't finished carving it quite yet, but you can see the intention of the design. I think I will print some cards and mini prints for my Etsy shop when I get to it. I have an enormous amount of freelance work due in the middle of the week, so hopefully I can find a little extra time to print a few.
Meanwhile, today, all the snow melted so I started some little seedlings of poppies, columbine along with some others. I brought them inside for the night, and put them by the deck window so that they get some sun. I still don't trust the weather or all the hungry animals. I love seeing the sprouts peek up through the soil for the very first time. It's satisfying. Just like making art.

5 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Candace
I love your lino block! I am excited to see the prints! Great work!
Have a wonderful day.
:) Melissa

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

Gosh I use to love to do lino block. This takes me back. Your daisies are pretty!

Unknown said...

Hi Candace...this is awesome...I have never tried this before...it sure looks like fun...

can't wait to see your prints...

Cheers,
Diana

NANCY LEFKO said...

what fun work you have posted....I miss a few days and there is SO much new to see !!

Anonymous said...

I love this Candace! I can't wait to see what the prints look like.

When you get a chance, check out my blog!!! (yes, it's true) I just started it yesterday so I still need spruce things up and get the hang of everything.