Monday, March 10, 2008

Illustration Friday-Garden





I just recently took a part time freelance as a plush toy designer for Manley Toy Network here in Iowa. Last week was my first week, so I had to set up a lot of stuff and get organized. I just started a tiny orchid painting and an Easter painting, but I don't know if they will be done in time for this week's theme of Garden, so here are some older (and probably previously posted) items that surely fit!
Drawing and painting flowers is something that I do that is good for my soul. It's one of my favorite things to create images of. I hope you enjoy this collection of sketches.

12 comments:

Janice Ykema said...

Congratulations on your new job..
Like them all!
I really, like the crocus study and the shade gets a very close second. :)

studio lolo said...

You could make a fine living as a botanical artist. Wonderful studies!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful, Candace! I especially like the sunflower piece. It does the same for me to sketch and draw plants, etc., so I know what you mean.

Kev Levell said...

Good luck with the job. I used to be a toy designer, it can be a lot of fun but a surprising amount of work too. I rarely worked with plush but I know it can be tricky stuff.

I love your studies for Garden... really strong "journal" quality to them. Great stuff!

Restnrileks said...

these all are great works. I love them all. But i like no.2 best. :) heppi blogging ya

Roberta said...

Candace, these are absolutely gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Hi Candace,

CONGRATS on the new job...how exciting to be designing plush toys...

These illustrations are wonderful and who cares if they are old...art has no age...

CHeers,
Diana

imwithsully said...

I love the flowers. I wish I could make them look that good!

NANCY LEFKO said...

WOW !!! is all I can say...these are gorgeous...I recently started a drawing of a coneflower from last summer's garden (I also like to draw flowers...birds too...) but these beautiful drawings put mine to shame....I better go punch it up a bit. :) Thanks for the inspiration !!

Kstyles said...

These flowers are beautiful! I really love the sunflower.

janie said...

love your crocus, I've just been photographing mine but haveing seen yours it has inspired me to try them in watercolour, thanks

Unknown said...

Shade Garden was very nice. Plant paintings are often underrated; what better way to illustrate the beauty and magic of life . . .