Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's been awhile!







I am finally settling in here in Des Moines, IA. I've been starting to paint again and draw and slowly force myself to do what I should be doing. I just got married on October 13 and up until then all of my creative energies were going toward having the most beautiful wedding of my dreams. Now, I need to get some work and sketches going on this thing so people don't think I fell off the face of the planet...I'm here to stay! The first is a page from Jury duty this summer, which happened to be my best paying job...besides my JW Marriott freelance job, which I'll post next. The other three sketch pages are from this summer while I was in Michigan with my family. The cupcake painting is about as big as it appears on screen. I don't know if anyone out there agrees with me, but sometimes, to get over myself and stunted creativity I need to just paint. It has no emotional quality other than I might have been hungry. Lastly, this is a drawing for a painting I've been cooking up for some time. Her name is Lucia Micarelli. My mom got tickets for us to see Josh Groban, and both times I've seen him, I've been more taken by her. She has such a passion for her art when she plays the violin. She is literally an extension of her instrument. I wanted to focus on the face in that drawing so that I could capture the intensity that she brings to the stage without ever opening her mouth.

No comments: